Wednesday 21 January 2015

Aaron Rodgers has game; Olivia Munn had no idea who he was

I'm not an NFL quarterback, but I imagine that life goes something like this: Say you're an NFL quarterback, land the gorgeous girl. This goes with decades of beautiful tradition, from Joe Namath to Tom Brady.
I assumed that's how Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers started dating actress Olivia Munn. Or that their agents set it up, or however famous people in Hollywood start dating anyone. But no, Munn says she had no idea who Rodgers was when she first met him, and definitely did not know he was a famous football player.
"I had no idea," Munn said on "Conan" with Conan O'Brien. "When I met him I said, ‘So what do you do?’ He said, ‘Oh, I play football.’ I go, ‘Cool, what college?’ He’s like ‘Oh, I play professional.’ I say ‘Cool, what position?’ He’s like, ‘Quarterback.’ ‘Cool.’ That was kind of it."
So if it wasn't Rodgers' MVP award or his Super Bowl ring or the great work he does discount double-checking on television ads, why was Munn attracted to Rodgers?
"All I saw is that he was really attractive," Munn said. "I didn’t care what he did."
Well done.
Munn also spoke to Conan about enjoying life in Green Bay ("I love it in Green Bay," the famous actress said. "It’s really comfortable there.") and things like putting off a conference call to go pick up meat at Maplewood Meats in Green Bay. I'm curious as to what seemed stranger, Munn dropping by the meat market for venison or whatever she was getting, or the looks on the locals' faces when the movie actress stops in.
Munn might be well known but in Northeast Wisconsin, it's her boyfriend who would get all the looks in public. He's in little danger of anyone else there not recognizing him or knowing what he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment